Cilantro Tuna Loaf Cake
A tuna loaf cake that is so easy to make. Serve with a salad it will make an original dinner.
- 3 large eggs
- 0.75 cup milk
- 1 large can of tuna in oil, about 7 oz
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 0.5 cup Swiss Gruyere, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in all the ingredients one by one, in the same order as listed above (do not strain the tuna). Season to taste.
- Grease and flour a non-stick loaf pan. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or cold and compliment with a salad and raspberry dressing.
Hints and tips: You may substitute the tuna for a can of crab, or sockeye salmon.