French Cocktail Sauce
Cocktail Sauce is a classic of the French sauce. It is one of the rare, maybe even the only, French recipe where you will use ketchup. The ketchup added to the mayonnaise gives it a nice pinkish color. It is usually served with shrimps.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or Whisky
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of cayenne, to taste
- Salt and freshly, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients until smooth. Sauce may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.