Crab Canapés with Cumin
Crab Canapés with Cumin is a delicious appetizer with cumin flavor served on a pita point. It's easy and quick to make.
Servings: 12 pieces
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole wheat pitas with pockets halved horizontally
For crab mixture:
- ¼ pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper brunoise
- Dash of Tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Stir together oils, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste and brush on cut sides of pita, Cut each pita half into eight wedges, and arrange, cut sides up, on a large baking sheet.
- Bake pitas in middle of oven until edges are crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Make crab mixture while pitas are baking. Stir together crab ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Top each toast with some crab. Reserve refrigerated until service time.