Welcome to Kitchen Equipment Fundamentals
Having good tools is essential in the kitchen. Also, knowing the names of your tools and what they are for is what distinguishes a professional from an amateur. In this course, you will learn about different types of small equipment such as cutting boards, knives, cookware, and bakeware, but also about larger equipment such as ovens, fridges, and stoves.
Who is it for?
- People who are creating or investing in a restaurant but don’t know much about commercial kitchen equipment.
- Food handlers who want to educate themselves on commercial kitchen types of equipment.
- People who want a change career and want to become food handlers or chefs, but who also want to learn at their own pace.
By the end of this 100% online course, the students will know:
- Everything there is to know about knives:
- How to choose a Chef’s knife
- Essential Knife Kit and Basic Equipment
- Knife Construction, Materials, Handles, and Blade Styles
- The different types of knives and their specific purpose
- How to care for your knives
- Everything there is to know about cutting boards:
- How to safely set it up
- How to choose and care for your cutting boards
- The different types of equipment you will find in a commercial kitchen:
- Stovetop Cooking Equipment
- Oven Cooking Equipment
- Large Equipment
- Small Equipment
- 7 lessons divided into 39 topics
- 13 videos
- A 99-page handbook
- Optional Quizzes – The quizzes are short and provide immediate feedback so that you have the chance to assess your performance and reflect on your mistakes
- Certificate of Completion – Once all the quizzes of the course have been submitted, a Certificate of Completion to the course is automatically generated, given that you scored at least 70% in each quiz