Blue Cheese Dressing
A classic American salad dressing made of buttermilk to enhance the creaminess of the cheese and mellow the flavor somewhat. Use the best blue cheese you can find for this dressing, such as Roquefort, Bleu d'Auvergne, Gorgonzola, Cambozola or Danish blue cheese.
Yield 1 cup
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- Lemon juice, optional
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, milk, onions and, garlic and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and adjust the seasoning with salt pepper and lemon juice if necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.