This is a great crispy garnish for soups and other dishes like salads. Take the time to make these irresistible cheese paprika twists. A guaranteed step up from the typical industrial bought crackers!
Servings: 8 pieces
- 1 sheet puff pastry, 8 x 4 inches
- 1 medium egg yolk beat with 1.5 tbsp cold water, (egg wash)
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika powder, medium spicy
- 3 ounces Comte cheese, grated
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
Make the twists:
- Put the puff pastry sheet flat on parchment paper over a cutting board and freeze for 5 minutes. Brush the whole top surface with egg wash. Place the paprika in a small sieve and dust all over. Sprinkle the grated cheese over top. Put back in the freezer for a few minutes if the dough becomes too soft. Cut into 8 regular strips of 1/2 inch by 8 inches. Take each strip and twist, then place back on the parchment paper set over a cookie sheet.
Bake the twists:
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.