Pesto Fusilli Pasta Salad
The potluck season is here, and a quick and easy dish to prepare for a gathering is pesto pasta salad. Spiral pasta catches and retains the bits of basil pesto.
- 2 cups uncooked Fusilli pasta
- 0.5 cup fresh basil pesto
- 0.5 cup green and black olives, pitted
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 0.5 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- Several fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Make sure the water is salted (at least half teaspoon per quart). Remove pasta from heat and strain when cooked, but still firm (al dente).
- Put pasta in a big bowl and mix in fresh basil pesto. Serve on a platter and garnish with the olives, cherry tomatoes, peas, fresh basil leaves, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill or serve at room temperature.