VIP Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Dill
This potato salad is delicious thanks to the fresh dill, chopped gherkins, and mayonnaise. What makes it a VIP salad is the addition of crab or lobster meat.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cooked with skin
- 2 large eggs, hard-cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 0.25 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pickle gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 0.5 cup crab or lobster meat, cooked
- Wash the potatoes and place in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and boil for about 25 to 30 minutes, until just tender. Pour off the water, set the pan in a sink or larger pot of cold water to cool the potatoes quickly. When cold, dice the potatoes into large dices.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with eggs, celery, red onion, green onions, and chopped dill pickles. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Add to the potatoes and stir gently to combine. Fold in the dill and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with the crab or lobster meat.