Salted Butter Dark Chocolate Cakes
This medium dark, rich chocolate cupcakes are ideal for a brunch or for a snack. Typically, pastry recipes call for unsalted butter. This recipe is different; you want to use salted butter. When eating the cakes, the first taste will be chocolate then a slightly salty taste will come up that will delight your palate.
- 6 eggs
- 250 grams dark chocolate, 65% cocoa content minimum
- 200 grams sugar
- 100 grams salted butter
- 50 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon butter, to butter the molds
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Melt the teaspoon of butter and grease individual’s ramekins or cannelés cakes molds.
- In two large bowls, separate the yolks from the whites.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie with the butter. Stir occasionally, to incorporate the butter until all the chocolate is melted. When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar and the egg yolks. Mix well.
- Whisk the eggs whites until soft peaks, and fold into the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and mix well to incorporate it, into the mixture. Fill the prepared molds with the chocolate batter and bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how moist you want to have them.
- When cooked, unmold the small cakes, and place on a cooling rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.