A refreshing salad of cold cooked vegetables cut into Macedoine or simply diced and mixed with mayonnaise.
- 1 cup boiled potatoes, cut into Macedoine
- 0.25 cup blanched green beans, cut into ½ centimeter
- 0.5 cup frozen green peas, blanched½ cup boiled carrots, cut into Macedoine
- 0.5 cup boiled turnips, cut into Macedoine
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 8 medium black olives, pitted
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Blanch the vegetable separately, drain, refresh in an ice bath and strain through a colander. In a large bowl, mix all the vegetables, add chopped capers, parsley, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a salad bowl or on a platter, giving it a mound-like shape. Decorate the surface with, quartered hard-boiled eggs and black olives.
- What is a Macedoine? Diced cube, 0.5cm (5mm) square, more significant larger than the brunoise cut. Typical vegetables used are carrot, onion, turnip, beans, and celery.