Lobster and Mango Salad
The vegetable and mango salad compliment this delicate shellfish nicely; best served as an elegant lunch or light supper.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 tablespoon seedless tomato, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 0.5 cup zucchini, cut into ¼ inch cubes and blanched
- 0.5 cup celery, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 0.5 cup carrot, cut into ¼ inch cubes and blanched
- 0.5 cup peas, cut into ¼ inch cubes and blanched
- 0.25 cup finely chopped red onion,
- 0.5 cup potato, cut into ½ inch cubes and just cooked
- 4 medium asparagus, blanched - slice and tips reserved
- 0.5 cup finely diced peeled mango
- 1.5 pounds lobster, cooked
- Thinly sliced fresh cilantro
- Paprika oil
- Balsamic vinegar reduction
- Thinly cut slices of cucumber optional
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Make the salad: While lobster is cooling, prepare all your salad ingredients. Blanch the zucchini, carrot, peas, potato and asparagus. Drain well the vegetable and mix them.
- Make the sauce: Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice to taste, cilantro salt, and a pinch of pepper
- Clean the lobster: Remove meat from claws, joints, and tail, discarding tomalley, roe, and shells. Reserve and cut meat into ¼inch pieces. Add lobster, to the salad, add some dressing just enough to season and toss well.
- Plate: Make a fan with the cucumber slices by overlapping them. Add the cucumber ring on the center and fill it with the salad. Remove the ring, add a piece of the claw over and garnish with cilantro leaves, paprika oil, and balsamic vinegar reduction.