Grilled Indian Chicken Salad with Cranberries
The Garam Masala, a unique mix of spices, gives an Indian flavor to this chicken salad. Combine it with the sweet and sour taste of the cranberries, and you get a dish bursting with flavor. It looks as good as it tastes when arranged over a medley of fresh summer vegetables.
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 0.25 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 medium orange, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 pound total
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala powder
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1.5 cups sliced vegetables, such as mushrooms, carrots, radishes and cucumber
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 0.25 cup dry cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Mix oil, vinegar, orange juice, Dijon, salt and pepper in small bowl. Dredge the chicken breast into the Garam Masala. Spice and place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Pour ½ of the dressing over chicken; turn to coat well. Reserve remaining dressing in refrigerator. Refrigerate chicken 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut chicken into thin slices. Toss salad greens, vegetables, and tomato in large bowl. Arrange sliced chicken on top of greens. Whisk reserved dressing. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle the cranberries and cilantro over the top.