Welcome to Stock Making Fundamentals
Making a stock may look simple, but actually, there is an art to it. Given that stock is the basis for so many dishes, from sauces to soups and stews, it’s important to understand the purpose of each ingredient and the properties each one brings to the stock.
Who is it for?
- Professional chefs who understand that making their own stock is the way to turn their recipes from good to un unforgettable client’s experience.
- Culinary students who want to review their lessons and improve their mark.
- People who want a change career and need to master the basis to apply for a job.
By the end of this 100% online course, the students will be able to:
- Apply proper sanitation guidelines when making stocks.
- Differentiate between white, brown and short stock.
- Make different types of aromatic garnishes to flavor them.
- Cook white stocks, brown stocks, and short stocks.
- Use stocks in the making of soups, stew, and other dishes.
- Prepare demi-glace, glace de viande, and remouillage.
- Make and use short stock and apply poaching principles.
The course includes cooking lessons that will allow students to use the stocks they practiced on.
- 4 lessons divided into 39 topics
- 22 videos
- A 76-page handbook
- 1 cheat-sheet or tool
- Optional Quizzes – The quizzes are short and provide immediate feedback so that you have the chance to assess your performance and reflect on your mistakes
- Certificate of Completion – Once all the quizzes of the course have been submitted, a Certificate of Completion to the course is automatically generated, given that you scored at least 70% in each quiz