Bleu De Bresse Canapés With Pecans And Grapes
A delicious canapé, you may substitute the Bleu-de-Bresse with any other blue cheese. This dish is so simple in flavor that you need to buy a top-quality cheese.
Makes 4 canapés
- 4 walnuts or pecan halves
- 0.5 teaspoon unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- 1 ounce Bleu-de-Bresse cheese or other firm blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 small plain baguette slices, toasted
- 4 small fresh parsley leaves,
- 2 small red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Toast pecans in a baking pan until fragrant and a shade darker, about 10 minutes. In a bowl, toss the hot pecans with butter and salt, and then cool.
- Coarsely chop nuts, and then toss together with cheese in a bowl, without mashing.
- Top each toast with a full teaspoon of cheese mixture, pressing together slightly, and then top with a parsley leaf and a grape half, gently pressing them into the cheese.